11.7.11

Exploring Roman London

I walked for six hours around London on Sunday. These are some of the things I saw.


Discovered my bicycle was damaged. Some driver again, I suppose. Last time the gears were damaged and I had to have it converted to a single speed bike.


I observed a few fair weather mudlarks on the Thames foreshore today. I often go out on the foreshore in the winter when there is no one else around.


One of the most popular views of London for tourists, looking at St Paul's Cathedral north from the Millennium Bridge.


Musicians on the North Bank.


St Paul's Cathedral from New Change.


Caught napping from the Museum of London.


Parts of the old Roman Wall.

Caught napping from outside the museum.

Some parts of the wall were discovered after World War Two bomb damage. The picture below shows the Barbican in the distance, a post-war utopian housing structure containing an arts centre and theatres.




Part of the wall is being repaired due to some crumbling stone at the base. Those Romans should have done a better job!


Cats in the Churchyard of St John Zachary, belonging to the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths.



A fountain without water in Fountain Square

St Botolphe in the Wall


The Bank of England



Ye Olde Watling Pub and St Paul's on Watling Street, an old Roman Road

No comments: