23.8.08

Injection to pen collection

I bought a new pen this week. It's chrome with black swirls and contains blue ink.


I bought it in a shop called The Ultimate Gift Shop at Queen and Yonge Streets.


I've been collecting souvenir floaty pens for a long time. They are all fine point pens with blue ink.


The trick with floaty pens is to buy only the ones made in Denmark. If they are made anywhere else toss them directly into the trash because the quality is substandard.

There are two basic models of floaty pens made in Denmark. The ones with the solid, flat chrome pen clip have "Made in Denmark" etched into them lengthwise. The ones with the clip made of thick wire have "Made in Denmark" imprinted in circular relief with very tiny letters on the end of the pen. Beware of imitators!


Sometimes people give me floaty pens, but most I have collected myself from trips I have made.

No comments: