17.12.10

Air travails

I arrived at about noon in Toronto from London and have been struggling against fatigue to stay awake ever since, failed and crashed for two hours late this afternoon.
Flew to Toronto via Air Canada on a Boeing 767.

During take off water started dripping on my arm and leg apparently from the luggage container overhead. I had no idea what it was.

The woman sitting next to me pushed the call button for the flight attendent, and I waved to her from my seat. She could not come over because we were required to have our seat belts on during lift off.

She didn't come over once the seatbelt sign was off, so I went to the rear of the cabin and asked another flight attendent for help.

Before take off I was lingering at the back of the plane and this same flight attendent breezed by saying "What a frigging nightmare".

When I mentioned we had rung the bell and required help, she got defensive and said they couldn't come over during take off. This however didn't explain why no one came over afterwards.

She came over to see what had happened and checked inside the luggage container. When she found nothing, she said it must have been condensation and handed me a wad of paper towels. No apology and very surly attitude.

I followed her to the back of the plane and told her I didn't like her approach,

The other flight attendent was there and she apologized for not coming over after the seatbelt sign went off, saying that she thought it was just a matter of me wanting to get something out of the overhead luggage container during lift off!

The flight attendent who had come over to check out the problem said: You need to relax.

Bizarre and unappreciated given the price of the ticket.

Listen!

No comments: