7.12.12

First night back in Toronto

Got home to Toronto at about 4ish in the pm yesterday. It was great to be home, but I was incredibly tired after not sleeping much the night before flying and because of a bad cold.

Still, it was great to see my family and be back in Canada, where people are so chilled out compared to people in London.

My Mum had made a little shrine on the dresser in my bedroom to my dear Aunt Lily who died in May . There's a picture of her on a giant rock at Net Lake in Temagami in northern Ontario, a place she loved. Also, her silver mirror and brushes are polished and laid out. 

My Dad had put two cards stuffed full of money for my sister and I on the dresser. He has given us C$50 for the first and last day I am here and C$25 for each of the other 30 days.


My Mum put my childhood Teddy on the bed and an Olympic teddy I'd bought for my sister at the airport last time I was home. I gave them gifts from Marks & Spencer, Fortnum & Mason, Istanbul and elsewhere.


My Mum served my favourite home made tomato soup for supper.


She also served shrimp, garlic bread, cheese, cold cuts and salad.




 She also made a chocolate-orange cake for dessert.


No comments: